In what looks like it could potentially be a pretty lucrative offer if you need an Avis rental, Etihad Guest is offering 20,000 bonus miles for Avis rentals of 3 days or longer. You’ll have to be able to book quickly and the travel window is relatively brief, but this offer appears to be repeatable for up to 3 rentals, which could be a great deal if you need the car rental anyway.
- Etihad Guest is offering 20,000 miles when you book a mid-size (C group) or larger car for 3 days or more with Avis by August 17, 2022 for travel from September 2022 to November 2022.
- Direct link to this deal
- Valid in USA (excluding Alaska), Canada, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia
- This Promotion is open to Etihad Guest members (“Eligible Participants”)
- This Promotion is valid for residents globally and for rentals in Avis participating locations.
- This Promotion is valid for reservations made from 2 August 2022, 12:00:01 AM GST to 5 August 2022, 11:59:59 PM GST and car pick-ups from 1 September 2022 to 30 November 2022.
- Etihad Guest members can earn 20,000 bonus Etihad Guest Miles per eligible rental during the promotion period, on top of base earning per USD spent.
- Etihad Guest members can earn base earning per USD spent as below –
- Bronze Members will earn 3 miles per USD spent
- Silver Members will earn 3 miles per USD spent
- Gold Members will earn 4 miles per USD spent
- Platinum Members will earn 5 miles per USD spent
- Bronze Co-branded Credit Card Members will earn 3.75 miles per USD spent
- Silver Co-branded Credit Card Members will earn 3.75 miles per USD spent
- Gold Co-branded Credit Card Members will earn 5 miles per USD spent
- Platinum Co-branded Credit Card Members will earn 7.5 miles per USD spent
- A minimum 3 consecutive rental days is required to earn the bonus miles.
- Etihad Guest members can enjoy up to 15% off during the promotion period.
- This Promotion is valid only for reservations made via www.avisworld.com/etihad.
- The bonus Etihad Guest miles apply to participating Avis locations in the USA (excluding Alaska), Canada, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia (exclude Pacific) only.
- This Promotion is valid for rentals with car group C or above only.
- This Promotion is valid for maximum 3 reservations created during the promotional period.
- Discounts of up to 15% off Avis standard inbound rates is valid worldwide, but level of discount various from country to country and subject to availability.
- Discounts may apply to all rental length (weekend, daily, weekly rates).
- All discounts offer is subject to mandatory surcharges for the full rental duration.
- Discount restrictions may apply at certain times in certain locations.
- Booking confirmation is subject to car availability. 24 hours advance booking prior to the rental car pick-up time is required for the promotion.
- Etihad Guest Miles will be credited to the member’s account 4 to 6 weeks after the completion of each eligible car rental.
- Etihad Guest miles will be awarded on rentals made for a maximum length of 28 consecutive days. Any additional days will not be eligible to earn Etihad Guest miles.
- Miles per USD spent will be awarded on the base rental rate (time and mileage only) and not on taxes, fuel or additional fees.
- Miles can only be earned on one loyalty programme for each qualifying self-drive rental at participating locations.
- Etihad Guest members will be eligible to earn Miles only if the full name in the rental agreement matches the full name in the membership account.
- Renters can only claim Miles for their own rentals, i.e. only one rental at a time. Consecutive or conjunctive rentals will not qualify for Etihad Guest Miles – only the first qualifying rental in such situations will be awarded miles.
- To qualify, rentals must include the Etihad Guest membership number of the first named driver (the “renter) at the time of reservation. The Etihad Guest membership card must be presented at the location during vehicle pick-up.
- Discount and mileage accruals are based strictly on non-contracted rates only.
- Rentals made using Avis contracted (corporate/government) rates/AWDs, chauffeur-drive, or van rentals do not qualify for promotional/bonus Etihad Guest Miles. Travel industry staff rates, replacement/insurance rates, selected association programmes, and net rate programmes do not qualify for this promotion.
- This promotion is not valid on Avis Prestige, Avis Signature Series and Avis Select Series rentals worldwide.
- If any other AWD number is present in the rental booking no bonus Etihad Guest miles will be awarded.
- If any other AWD number is present in a customer’s Avis Preferred profile and this is used in the rental booking no bonus Etihad Guest miles will be awarded and once booked this cannot be reversed.
- Renter must meet standard Avis age, driver and credit requirements and advance booking is required.
- Missing mileage claims must be made within 180 days of the conclusion of each qualifying rental. To claim missing miles, original Car Rental Agreement copy is required. Members are required to retain copies of these until miles are credited to members’ accounts.
- This promotion may not be used in conjunction with any other coupon or promotions, other than those stated on this website.
- Avis and Etihad Guest are not responsible for typographical errors or omissions.
- Avis and Etihad Guest reserve the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
- Avis and other Etihad Guest terms and conditions apply.
Car rentals have become very expensive over the past couple of years. On my recent trip to Europe, car rental definitely made up the largest out-of-pocket expense.
With this promotion, you get a solid rebate in 20,000 Etihad Guest miles. While Etihad miles aren’t the most valuable miles in existence, there are still a number of sweet spots using Etihad miles for premium cabin international travel (like 22K miles one-way in economy class from the east coast to Casablanca on Royal Air Maroc – or 44K miles in business class). See: EEtihad Guest Sweet Spots for award tickets in business class or economy for more good values in the Etihad Guest program.
At a base level, I think it wouldn’t be too tough to get at least 1c per mile out of Etihad miles if their partners fit your needs. That makes the rebate here worth at least $200 to those who can find good use for Etihad miles.
Unfortunately, the booking page doesn’t necessarily return the best of prices. However, I looked up qualifying 3-day rentals in several different cities and I came up with prices in the $200-$250 range. While that doesn’t make this promotion rental-run worthy, it does make this a great deal if you actually need a rental since the combination of a 3-day rental and 20K miles at those prices seems great in the current market.
Of course, you’ll want to shop around. I strongly recommend checking prices against Autoslash and/or tracking your rental through Autoslash to look for a better deal. Still, if you need a 3-day rental (or a couple of them), it would have to be a pretty big price discrepancy to make this deal not worth some consideration. It definitely makes sense to shop around, but this deal looks pretty good to me. Just be sure to carefully check the terms and make sure you’re renting a qualifying car.
Speaking of the terms, note that the full terms and conditions (listed here) says that you need to book between August 2nd and August 5th, but the promo landing page shows August 14 to 17th, so I think that line in the full terms is just a poor copy & paste job from a previous promotion.
H/T: Doctor of Credit