Greetings from the vibrant heart of Cebu, Philippines! As we dive into this Week in Review, the exhilaration of our “3 Cards, 3 Continents” adventure reverberates through our experiences. If you haven’t been keeping up with our journey on Instagram, you’ve missed out on some truly captivating moments. Greg’s escapades have led him to consume worms and even a mythical zombie elephant fish in the bustling streets of Vietnam. He achieved the unthinkable, persuading a restaurant in Doha, Qatar, to open its doors at the unearthly hour of 1 a.m. From there, he made his way to Bulgaria, embarking on a journey that’s nothing short of extraordinary.
Meanwhile, Stephen embarked on a quest of his own, encountering a breathtaking castle perched atop a majestic cliff. He also accomplished a remarkable feat by taking the world’s shortest scheduled flight, clocking in at under two minutes! From there, he ventured onward to Cairo, where our international expedition began. As for me, I set my sights on Cairo as well, departing from the United States for my first international stop. Following Cairo, I jetted off to Istanbul, a city that straddles the continents of Europe and Asia. From there, my journey led me to Muscat, where I had the privilege of snorkeling alongside magnificent whale sharks and graceful sea turtles. I took a day to explore the opulent Grand Palace in Bangkok before indulging in gourmet delights in the vibrant city of Singapore. Finally, I’ve landed in the enchanting Cebu, all of this accomplished with a single one-way Air Canada Aeroplan award. Our Instagram stories and highlights are a treasure trove of these incredible moments, so be sure to take a peek.
Unfortunately, the Wi-Fi here in Cebu hasn’t been as robust as we’d hoped, and that has affected our ability to upload this week’s podcast video. For our dedicated YouTube followers, you may need to switch to an audio-only platform temporarily to catch this week’s episode. Since we recorded the show before embarking on this epic journey, we didn’t discuss our travels but instead shared valuable packing tips that we’ve honed over years of globetrotting. This week’s show may be shorter than usual, but it’s been a whirlwind week of travel for all of us. We each still have almost a week of adventures ahead, so be sure to stay updated on Instagram to see where we are and what captivating experiences we’re currently immersed in.
For those who prefer to listen on the go, remember that we release Frequent Miler on the Air every week in both video and audio formats. Many find our podcast the perfect companion during commutes or workouts. So, do give it a listen and subscribe. You can find our podcast on all major platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and many others. Alternatively, you can tune in to the podcast directly on our website.
Now, let’s delve into this week’s captivating content at Frequent Miler:
- Stephen kicked off his “3 Cards, 3 Continents” journey with a surprise choice: a flight on Egyptair. The unexpected nature of this flight added an exciting twist to the challenge. Learn more about his experience and the premium economy seating he encountered on Norse Atlantic Airways, another unexpected delight.
- Stephen explored the Primeclass Lounge at JFK Terminal 1, offering an insight into a Priority Pass option that keeps expanding its offerings. This lounge is particularly appealing if you’re flying on a Norse Atlantic flight, providing a comfortable and stylish space to relax before your journey.
- In a clever teaser, Stephen shared his packing dilemma for the “3 Cards, 3 Continents” adventure. The intrigue deepened as he hinted at what he might need for this unique journey. You can uncover his packing choices and their outcomes on his Instagram highlights.
- Stephen’s journey continued with the discovery of a new airline, a visit to a captivating castle, and an encounter with a soccer team that achieved victory by a world-record margin. His posts provide fascinating insights into his remarkable experiences.
- One of the standout moments of Stephen’s journey was his participation in the world’s shortest flight, a flight from Papa Westray to Westray lasting less than two minutes! Stephen’s storytelling will transport you into the heart of this brief yet exhilarating adventure.
- Stephen’s journey advanced as he explored the world’s smallest airport and visited ancient homes that predate even the pyramids. His trip is unfolding as a captivating story that keeps us all hooked.
- A suite upgrade awaited Stephen in Cairo, adding a touch of luxury to his adventure. His post not only shares this delightful upgrade but also offers valuable tips and reviews, including insights into the Hotel Hoppa service, a hidden gem he discovered.
- Stephen introduced us to an unexpected gem in the UK—Premier Inn. This hotel option, largely undiscovered by many, proves to be an excellent choice. It’s a reminder that there are often hidden treasures among hotel chains that may not be prominently featured on online travel agencies.
Greg’s Culinary Quest:
- Greg introduced us to his unique travel companion, Maisie, the Culinary Concierge. This intriguing partnership promises a journey filled with culinary delights, capturing the hearts of food enthusiasts. Stay tuned to witness their gastronomic adventures.
- Greg and Maisie embarked on their great adventure, beginning in Vietnam. Greg’s anticipation was palpable, especially for those who share his love for Pho. However, their culinary exploration took an unexpected turn, providing a memorable story that you won’t want to miss.
- Before jetting off to Asia, Greg made a pitstop at the United Polaris Lounge at San Francisco International Airport. His review showcases the allure of this lounge, offering a glimpse of what awaits travelers departing from San Francisco on Star Alliance carriers.
- Greg also revisited the Grand Hyatt SFO and shared an update from his recent stay. If you’re considering accommodations connected to San Francisco’s airport, his insights will prove invaluable.
- My journey commenced in Cairo, Egypt, where I had the privilege of witnessing the awe-inspiring pyramids of Giza. Guided by a knowledgeable local expert, I delved into the historical significance of these ancient wonders, a day filled with exploration and discovery.
- My adventure spanned six countries and featured flights with five different airlines, all made possible by an Air Canada Aeroplan award ticket. While my written posts haven’t kept pace with my Instagram updates, you can catch up on the highlights through our “3C3CTeamNick” reel.
As we wrap up this week at Frequent Miler, I encourage you to keep an eye on our last chance deals to ensure you don’t miss any limited-time offers that might expire this week. Our journey continues, and we’re excited to share more adventures and insights with you. Until next time, safe travels and happy exploring!