In an exciting development, Bilt Rewards has announced its partnership expansion with three major airlines: British Airways Avios, Aer Lingus Avios, and Iberia Avios. These additions mark the 10th, 11th, and 12th airline partners to join Bilt Rewards. The rollout began with the availability of points transfer to British Airways Avios, while transfers to Aer Lingus and Iberia Avios will be implemented in September 2022. An interesting facet of this partnership is the flexibility to transfer Avios points between these airlines, allowing members to maximize their travel options.
Bilt Rewards, at its core, enables users to earn points by paying rent and utilizing the Bilt Mastercard. While we have covered Bilt Rewards in various posts, this article consolidates all essential information about the program and will be continually updated as the Bilt Rewards program evolves.
Bilt Rewards: A Revolutionary Program for Renters
Bilt Rewards is designed to empower renters by offering a unique opportunity to earn points on their rent payments. This program, combined with the Bilt Mastercard, offers an unprecedented way to accrue points, especially considering that rent is often the most substantial monthly expense for many individuals in various markets.
This guide comprehensively covers the diverse methods of earning and redeeming Bilt Rewards points, providing valuable insights into both the program and the card itself.
Unlocking Elite Status with Bilt Rewards
Bilt Rewards boasts an elite status program that delivers several benefits, including the opportunity to earn interest on rewards points. To qualify for interest earnings, one must attain at least Silver status or higher, which is determined by the total points earned within a calendar year. Here is the breakdown:
- Blue: For those with under 25,000 points.
- Silver: Achieved with 25,000 points earned.
- Gold: Requires 50,000 points earned.
- Platinum: The pinnacle, attained with 100,000 points earned.
Silver status and above enable members to earn interest based on their points balance, with Silver status being the entry threshold. Notably, these qualifying points are not limited to rent payments; points earned from dining and travel expenditures also contribute towards status progression.
As members ascend the status tiers, they unlock a range of benefits:
Silver and Higher:
- Interest earnings in the form of points deposited into the member’s Bilt Rewards account every month, based on the average daily points balance for each 30-day period (the rate is linked to the FDIC-published national savings rate).
- Bilt deposits up to a 50% bonus on top of points issued by landlords to members for signing new tenant leases and lease renewals, depending on member status.
Gold and Higher:
- Access to the Bilt Homeownership Concierge service, which offers dedicated assistance to members redeeming Bilt Points for a home down payment, guiding them through the home-buying process.
- Members receive a complimentary gift from the Bilt Collection, a curated selection of limited-edition art and home décor.
Earning Bilt Rewards Points: A Multifaceted Approach
Bilt Rewards offers various avenues for members to accumulate points:
Paying Rent (Non-Cardholders):
- Non-cardholders can earn 250 points per month by using the Bilt Rewards app to pay rent. However, this option is available only to those residing in apartments affiliated with the Bilt Alliance, a network of rental properties. To determine if your property is part of the Bilt Alliance, reach out to your property manager or refer to the personalized invitation from your property manager.
While non-cardholders paying rent may accumulate a modest 2,500 points per year, combining this with the 100 points for linking to each transfer partner program can potentially yield enough points for a free night at select Category 1 Hyatt hotels within the first year, even without the Bilt credit card. If your residence is part of the Bilt Alliance, enrolling in the app to earn points is a sensible choice.
Paying Rent (Cardholders):
- Bilt Mastercard holders can earn 1x points on rent payments, even if their landlords do not accept credit card payments. This is accomplished by paying rent through check or ACH transfer via the Bilt app. It’s essential to make a minimum of five transactions per month with the Bilt Mastercard to earn points.
Linking Rewards Programs to Bilt:
- Bilt Rewards provides a straightforward method for accumulating points by linking various loyalty programs to your Bilt Rewards account. This feature offers a straightforward way to bolster your points balance.
Using the Bilt Mastercard:
- The Bilt Mastercard, when used for at least five transactions per month, serves as a key tool for earning Bilt Rewards points. It offers a tiered earning structure:
- 3x points on dining.
- 2x points on travel.
- 1x point on rent (up to 50,000 points per year).
- 1x point on all other purchases.
One standout feature is the ability to earn 1x points on rent payments, even for landlords not affiliated with the Bilt Alliance. Cardholders can pay rent via check, ACH, or the Bilt Mastercard through the Bilt app. This makes it exceptionally convenient to earn points, particularly on rent, a substantial expense for many individuals.
Referring Friends to Bilt Mastercard:
- Bilt Rewards offers a referral promotion that runs until August 31, 2022. By referring five friends who are approved for the Bilt MasterCard, members can earn 25,000 points. Importantly, you do not need to be a cardholder to refer friends to the Bilt MasterCard, making this an excellent opportunity to accumulate points.
Leveraging Bilt Rewards Points: A World of Possibilities
One of the most appealing aspects of Bilt Rewards is the ability to transfer points to a diverse range of airline and hotel partners. These transfers occur at a 1:1 ratio for most partners, and in many cases, the points transfer almost instantly, offering exceptional flexibility and value. Some notable partner programs include:
- Aer Lingus Avios
- Air Canada Aeroplan
- Air France KLM Flying Blue
- American AAdvantage
- British Airways Avios
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- Emirates Skywards
- Hawaiian Miles
- Iberia Avios
- Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles
- United MileagePlus
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Additionally, Bilt Rewards allows members to cover travel expenses at a rate of 1.25 cents per point through their travel portal. While this portal is powered by Expedia and may not always offer the best rates, it can be advantageous for booking hotels and certain activities. An exclusive feature of the Bilt app is the ability to compare cash rates with award rates for flights from select airline partners, simplifying the decision-making process for points redemption.
Bilt Rewards offers various other redemption options, including paying rent, booking fitness classes, acquiring art and home décor, and covering Amazon purchases. However, some of these options may not provide optimal value for points, so members should carefully consider their choices.
Bilt Rewards has made significant strides by expanding its airline partnerships, providing members with a more extensive array of options for redeeming points. The ability to earn points on rent payments, even for non-cardholders, remains a standout feature. With its diverse range of transfer partners and a compelling earning structure through the Bilt Mastercard, this program continues to offer valuable opportunities for renters to enhance their travel experiences and rewards.
As Bilt Rewards continues to evolve, members can expect even more exciting developments, making this program a compelling choice for those looking to maximize their earnings and travel experiences. Stay tuned for future updates and promotions, and take advantage of the many ways Bilt Rewards can enhance your journey toward rewarding travel experiences.